Here at Central Florida Pediatric Urgent Care we take pride in taking care of your children and making sure they safe in our emergency walk-in clinic. Our staff is friendly and does everything they can to make it comfortable if you should have a to sit in our waiting room. Since we are a walk-in urgent care clinic, no appointments are necessary to be seen, meaning that you probably not have to wait long to be attended. We recognize that child illnesses come around way too often and we make sure that we have the time and doctors to fit in all cases of need. Come into Central Florida Pediatric Urgent Care today and have your child seen.
Reasons to Ease Your Mind About Childhood Illnesses
Childhood illnesses are more common due to the fact that children are always so busy running around and spending time with other children. It is important to keep your children healthy by controlling their diet, keeping them active, less TV time and being an active part of their lives because parenting is so important to keeping your children happy and healthy.
Common Childhood Illnesses
- Chickenpox: while this can occur at any stage of life, it is commonly found in children. Chickenpox causes red, itchy rashes to appear all over an individual’s body. Fever during the first day or two is common. With immunization the likelihood of death is extremely rare. Chickenpox is contagious, so keep your child isolated.
- Coughs & Colds: coughs are common symptoms of colds. Persistent cough must be treated immediately to avoid further complications.
- Ear infections: Ear infections often follow a cold and can cause fevers in a few cases. They are often caused by viruses which can’t be treated with antibiotics.
- Child Fever: When a fever is above 103 degrees, the risk of complications increases drastically. Make sure to visit an urgent care center. Most fevers are caused by ear infections or other illnesses. It is also common for a temperature raise during baby teething.
- Measles: measles is a highly infectious disease caused by a virus. This is a disease that can be prevented by vaccine. Please ensure your child received this routine vaccine as soon as possible to avoid serious complications.
- Mumps: this is a contagious viral infection common in children 5-15 years of age. Thankfully this infection is completely preventable with the correct immunization.
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea can be caused by any of the following: a virus, a stomach bug, food poisoning or eating a food items that one is allergic to. If the diarrhea persists for more than a day, please visit a pediatrician to avoid dehydration.
- Vomiting: the causes of vomiting are the same as the common causes of diarrhea above. It is important to see a pediatric urgent care specialist immediately is vomiting occurs consistently.
When in a pinch, do not be afraid to call us 1 (407) 865-6564 or stop into the office at Central Florida Pediatric Urgent Care in Orlando, FL. Contact us today to help your child obtain immediate care.